Q: What is Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation?
A: Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation is a non-profit organization within the Diocese of Rockville Centre. The mission of Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation is to ensure the excellence as well as the continuance of Catholic schools on Long Island by increasing awareness and by providing scholarship and program funding for the needs of students and schools.
Q: Who can apply?
A: Any student from grades K-8 who is attending Catholic elementary school on Long Island in need of tuition assistance.
- Awards are based on current economic circumstance and financial need
Q: When can I apply? Is there a deadline?
A: The application process is open from late January throughout the summer. As funding is limited, awards are granted to those applicants in need at a first come, first serve basis.
Q: Can I still apply if my children are not registered at a school?
A: Yes, it is not a requirement that a child be registered or enrolled, to apply for aid from Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation.
Q: How often must I apply?
A: Families should complete one application per household each year they need aid.
Q: How can I get the application?
Haga clic aquí para acceder a la aplicación en Español.
- Please note that you can no longer make a copy or print an application as in years past. Each application will have a unique ID # specific to the applicant.
Q: What if I don’t have access to a computer or the internet?
A: If you do not have access to the internet or computer, please visit your local library, school, or contact Tomorrow’s Hope at 516-745-7611 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for assistance.
- Paper applications are available in limited supply upon request; however, we strongly encourage you to complete the application electronically.
Q: Why is it better to apply electronically?
A: The application fee is reduced; the processing is faster; there is live chat available; your username and basic information will be saved for all future applications; it streamlines the process for THF staff.
Q: Is there an application fee? If so, how do I pay?
A: Yes, there is a small processing fee. Mailed-in paper applications are $30; online applications are $27.
- Mailed in paper applications can be paid by check or money order made out to FACTS Management.
- Online applications can be paid by credit card or checking account only; you may NOT MAIL in a check or money order if you submit your application electronically.
Q: Do I need additional documents or information to complete the application?
A: FACTS requires copies of certain tax documents (W2, tax-return, etc.) when available. The necessary forms are listed on the application.
- These documents (when available) are necessary to ensure the integrity of the application process.
Q: When will I be notified of a decision?
A: Notification of a decision is dependent on the time an application is submitted; processing will take between three and four weeks. The first round of applicants will be notified in June.
- A decision letter will be mailed to the address provided on your application. Once the letter is signed and returned, your school will be notified of the award amount.
Q: If I receive an award, do I get the money?
A: Tomorrow’s Hope will transfer the award money directly to the school. Your school will deduct the award amount from your tuition.
- If your child transfers to a different Catholic elementary school within the Diocese of Rockville Centre they will still be eligible for the award they were granted—THF awards are connected to the student, not the school.
Q: What if I receive an award, but I am still in financial need?
A: Families that are experiences extenuating circumstances, i.e. job loss, major illness, etc., can appeal their original award.
Q: How do I appeal?
A: Families can contact THF to get the one page appeal application. The appeals process begins in July.
- There is no fee to appeal
- Should you choose to appeal the Foundation asks that you provide a brief letter explaining your current circumstance and need for additional funding.
- THF also requests that appeal applicants provide any additional relevant documentation to further verify your current financial need—for example: a termination letter or proof of job loss; medical bills; etc.
- A letter will be mailed to the address provided on your application. Once the letter is signed and returned your school will be notified of the additional award monies.